CLASSICAL PILATES TRAINING
600-hour Classical Teacher Training
The Comprehensive training covers all beginner, intermediate and advanced repertoire utilizing the Pilates apparatus - Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, Barrels, Ped-o-Pull and Magic Circle - as well as understanding how to work with Special Case clients (i.e. obesity, pregnancy, back problem, neck, knee, shoulder, etc.). You will continue to utilize and build the teaching tools learned during the Core Mat I & Core Mat II weekends. You will sharpen your eye for subtle exercise modifications and master the ability to work with people of all ages and fitness levels at the same time.
- Memorize exercise names and order
- Practice teaching during weekends with fellow students
- Attend 5 weekend intensives
- Attend 24 hours of weekly meetings
- Attend 1 weekly Advanced Mat class (additional cost, discounts may apply)
- Attend 1 weekly apparatus session (additional cost, discounts may apply)
Complete and pass all exams
- Observe Power Pilates instructors at training center, assist selected instructors, and practice teaching with fellow apprentices
- Attend a minimum of 25 apparatus sessions with a classically trained instructor prior to the weekend**
- Complete the Power Pilates Core Mat I & Core Mat II trainings**
- Read The Pilates Primer: Millennium Edition - Return to Life Through Contrology and Your Health by Joseph Pilates (required), Taking Root to Fly: Ten Articles on Functional Anatomy by Irene Dowd (recommended), Joseph Hubertus Pilates, The Biographyby Esperanza Aparicio Romero and Javier Pérez Pont (recommended)**
- Complete a Basics of Anatomy workshop in-person or online. Workshop must have been completed no earlier than two years before the program start date.
- Tuition includes the manual, weekend training, weekly meetings, exams, one retest if necessary, and apprentice hours spent observing, assisting, and practice teaching.
- Payment plan available
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
- 6-12 months, 600 hours, including apprenticeship requirements and weekend intensives.
Looking to expand your pilates education?
Power Pilates welcomes experienced Pilates instructors to attend our Comprehensive program through the Bridge option. Your prior Pilates experience must include: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced level training on Mat, Reformer, Chairs, Cadillac, and Barrels. As a Bridge participant, you are required to attend the 5-weekend intensives of our Comprehensive program. You will receive the training manual and will participate in the program. Unless notified after your audition evaluation, you will not be required to complete any apprentice hours or attend weekly meetings. Within one month of completing the program you will take your final evaluation.